Would you like to be a part of The Core Theatre team?
The Front of House Volunteers play a crucial part in the operation of events at The Core Theatre to assist customers and enhance their visit to the venue. The people who carry out this role will be welcoming, pleasant, polite and have an interest in theatre and the arts.
The work is predominantly in the evenings, although there are matinee performances and daytime lectures too. Volunteers would be expected to report for duties 30 minutes prior to the show start time. Duties would finish approximately 15 minutes after the show ends.
- Collection of tickets and directing audience members to their allocated seats.
- To assist audience members if required during the performance.
- To notify the Duty Manager of problems or issues in the auditorium during the show.
- To sell sweets, refreshments and ice creams during the interval.
- To sell programmes and show merchandise (CDs programmes etc) if required.
- Fire Steward in the auditorium – to assist clear the auditorium safely and efficiently during evacuation situations – whether real or training.
- To assist clearing the auditorium of any rubbish left behind following a performance.
- Volunteers will have cash handling responsibilities when selling good mentioned above. This may involve the use of an electronic till and/or cash box.
Volunteering is a great chance for drama, theatre, film or creative studies students to see what goes on backstage on a professional stage. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team, meet new people, make useful connections and for those considering a career in theatre, is a good experience to put down on a CV or University application. Please specify your preferred area when applying.
If you are interested in becoming a Front of House Volunteer please click here to download the form or email email@example.com and we will contact you.